Excel Eyecare Professionals Buffalo Grove, IL
Eye Doctor at Excel Eyecare Professionals Buffalo Grove, IL
Eye Doctor in Buffalo Grove, IL
If you are looking for an eye doctor in Buffalo Grove, IL? Look no further than Excel Eyecare. Our purpose is to provide you and your family with quality eye care and optometry services in Buffalo Grove and surrounding Chicago areas. At Excel Eyecare we offer eye exams, contact lenses, eye wellness scans, LASIK co-management and many more! Call us today to book an appointment!
When Should I see an Eye Doctor?
As a general rule you should see an eye doctor every 1 to 2 years. Since everyone is different you might also need to get checkups more often if you have any health conditions, concerns or a family history of eye and vision problems such as glaucoma, macular degeneration, or corneal diseases. You should also see an eye doctor If you have sudden vision changes, any eye pain, or severe irritation of your eye.
An eye doctor could be one of the first to notice that you have high blood pressure, high cholesterol, diabetes, a hormone imbalance or even a brain tumor… Whether or not you currently wear eyeglasses, contact lenses or have perfect vision, it is widely known that you should visit an eye doctor at least once a year to detect any eye issues as quick as possible.
What Symptoms Warrant a Visit to the Eye Doctor?
You should schedule an appointment with a professional eye doctor if you have any of the following eight symptoms.
1. Changes in Night Vision.
2. Already Diagnosed Health Conditions That Affect the Eyes.
3. Eye Infection or Eye Discharge.
4. Persistent Headaches or Migraines.
5. Constant Vision Disruptions.
6. Eye Fatigue.
7. Strong Visual Sensitivity to Light.
What is an Eye Doctor Called?
An eye doctor is often referred to as an ophthalmologist. They are a medical (or osteopathic) doctor who focusses on eye and vision care. Ophthalmologists undergo 12 to 13 years of training and education, and are also licensed to practice medicine as well as surgery.
What Are Questions I should Ask My Eye Doctor?
At Excel Eyecare in Buffalo Grove, IL our doctors listen attentively to your questions and concerns we want to make sure that you fully understand exactly what your eye doctor is telling you about your eye health, your treatment plan, and what next steps you may need to take…
Here are some questions you may want to ask your eye doctor:
About Your Condition:
- What condition do I have?
- What causes this condition?
- Will it affect my vision, now or in the future?
- Do I need to make any changes to my everyday life?
- Are there any symptoms I should look out for? What should I do if I notice any symptoms?
- Can you give me some information about my condition to take home with me?
About Our Eye Doctors tests:
- Do I need any tests?
- What are you looking to find out from the test?
- When will I get my test results?
- Does this test have any specific risks or side effects?
- Will I need more tests later?
About Our Eye Doctors treatment options:
- What treatment do you recommend for me? Can you tell me why?
- When will I start treatment and how long will it last?
- What do I need to know about the medicine being prescribed?
- What are the risks and benefits of this treatment?
- Are there other treatment options?
If you have been prescribed any corrective lenses, make sure to bring all pairs of eyeglasses that you wear routinely. If you wear contacts that were prescribed from another optometrist, bring with you a copy of your most recent contact lens prescription when you come in to see an eye doctor.
Dr. Leon Kubicki and his team at Excel Eyecare look forward to helping treat you and your family today. Please Call to schedule your appointment with one of our eye doctors near you in Buffalo Grove, IL.